It’s been awhile since I posted last….it’s been a busy summer :). But in the midst of all the busy-ness I thought I would share with you all my go-to cookie, that I’ve been baking once a week (or more)! They’re my favorite little delights that are so satisfying and yummy….I love them so! I found the recipe on a really great blog called The Detoxinista. She’s got a great site; definitely worth checking out!
A little about these delights…they are almond based, naturally sweetened and have very little oil added to them; they only have a handful of ingredients, but boy are they mighty good together! They are also 100% gluten free and vegan….I personally think they taste better than your traditional cookie. They stay moist, have a long shelf life and they take only minutes to make; do I have to say more :)!
I buy most of the ingredients at my local Traders Joe’s because they have really affordable almond meal and coconut oil….where as other natural foods stores do not make this cookie as affordable to make weekly.
So, without further ado, I hope you enjoy these Chocolate Chip goodies as much as I do!!! Happy Summer!!
p.s. For all you yogi’s out there…this cookie is considered fasting…as long as you use chocolate that does not have filler ingredients!
- 2 cups almond meal, or almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut oil, softened (non-vegans can use butter)
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond meal, salt, and baking soda, then add the coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, then drop batter by rounded tablespoons onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 F for 10-12 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
- Allow to cool on the pan for 10 minutes, then serve warm or allow to cool to room temperature.