asian pear FRIED RICE.
We’ve been having fun experimenting with our harvest of Asian Pears…. a few days ago I had some leftover rice I wanted to use it up. So I made a fried rice with baked tofu, edamame, carrots, broccoli and ASIAN PEARS instead of water chestnuts….the slight hint of sweetness from the pears was fabulous!
asian pear FRIED RICE (4 ppl)
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (or oil of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated or minced
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 3/4 cup edamame, washed
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into florets
- 3/4 cup asian pear, diced
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sri Racha hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hing (or 1 clove garlic, minced)
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
DIRECTIONS for cooking
- Heat oil in preheated wok or skillet on medium-high heat. Add soy sauce, Sri Racha hot sauce, hing (or garlic), ginger and stir until fragrant.
- Add broccoli, carrots and edamame and salt. Stir and cover for 5 minutes.
- Once veggies are at a tenderness you like, add rice and stir until heated through (about 3 minutes since the rice is already cooked, it just needs to be heated through)
- Last, stir in diced pears, stir and serve!
- It’s all vegan!
GLUTEN FREE NOTES
- Totally gluten-free!
YOGIC COOKING NOTES
- Pitta dosha’s can eliminate the Sri Racha Hot Sauce.