Best Banana Muffins….ever.
Do you ever pick up a bunch of bananas on Sunday and then by Thursday have them sitting in the same place, overly ripe…leaving you wondering what to do with them? If that’s you, you’ll be grateful you bought them because you’re going to LOVE this recipe!
Besides being moist, delicious and easy to get in the oven, what I love about these muffins is the actual amount of real bananas goodness in them…four whole bananas…so much more than most! This is great because the natural sweetness cuts down the amount of sugar needed, so when compared to a lot of other baked breakfast goodies, this one’s a sweet deal :).
So next time you’ve got some overly ripe bananas on your counter, I hope you get a chance to whip up a batch of these lovelies and enjoy with your friends and family!
COOKING TIP: If you’re not able to use your ripe bananas right away, just place them in a ziplock bag and store them in your freezer. Then pull them out the night before, or 5-6 hours before you want to bake.
And as always, if you make them, I’d love to hear how they turned out so leave a comment below and if you post a pic on IG, tag me at @wholesome.soul or use hashtag #wholesomesoul!
p.s Also, since I only bake gluten free, I’m happy to report that they turned out great—my friends and family didn’t even realize!
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 bananas, finely crushed
- 2 Energy Egg Replacer Eggs
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line or grease a 12 hole muffin pan or greased loaf pan.
- In one bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salts.
- In another bowl, cream together butter and sugars.
- Add bananas, vanilla and vinegar and combine well.
- Add dry sifted ingredients to creamed mixture. Mix just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes.
VEGAN- replace butter with coconut butter or your a butter substitute like Balance.
GLUTEN FREE- I used ¾ cup Bob's Red Mill GF 1-to-1 Baking Flour + ¾ cup Bob's Read Mill GF All Purpose Baking Flour and it worked great!
OTHER - for nut allergies, omit nuts