Cauliflower Arugula SOUP.
We’ve been eating lighter dinners lately….and soups are always a top choice for something light, but filling….lately I’ve been making various vegetable soups, my latest concoction was inspired by the only two veggies we had left in our fridge: cauliflower and arugula :). Tomorrow’s definitely grocery night.
The creaminess of the cauliflower tasted great with the slight spice from the arugula and the hearty flavor from the smoked paprika. Will definitely be making this one again…for a heavier meal, you can make the soup thicker and use it as a creamy, vegan, white sauce with pasta, or just leave it as is and pair it with a rice pilaf or toast.
Cauliflower Arugula SOUP (4 ppl)
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 cups arugula, washed
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp butter or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dry mixed herbs ( I used thyme, oregano, marjoram and sage)
- pinch of asafetida or 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
DIRECTIONS for cooking
- Place all ingredients, except for arugula in a large sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil and then lower heat to med-low and cook for 20 minutes.
- Gently run a hand blender (immersion stick) through the soup to puree it.
- Last, mix in the arugula right before serving.
- Make sure to use the olive oil and not the butter.
GLUTEN FREE NOTES
- Totally gluten free!
YOGIC COOKING NOTES
- For kapha body types, add 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated jalapeño and ginger.
- Great for pitta body types as is.
- And for vata body types, serve it with something warm like pasta or a toasted sandwich.