Cheesecake Stuffed Peaches…Strawberries and one Fuji Apple….
Last year I posted this de-lish recipe on Cheesecake Stuffed Peaches….and last night I decided to experiment and try it in a few new ways….
1. I used 3 white peaches instead of yellow ones –personally, I like the yellow peaches better….they also look prettier…
2. Then I used a few strawberries and a fuji apple 🙂 –the strawberries unfortunately leaked out some of their color (and the filling :)), but I think they still tasted good. As for the fuji apple…the cheesecake filling with the apple was pretty tasty (but it needs to bake about 5 minutes longer).
3. And lastly, I made some using a goat cheese and birch sugar cheesecake stuffing which turned out GREAT…so this is a great alternative for those looking for a low glycemic option or one that is more Kapha body-type friendly (although in general, Ayurveda does suggest not combining dairy and fruit together…but they just taste so de-lish together!).
Overall, I think the original recipe is the best….Cheesecake Stuffed YELLOW peaches!
This is another great picnic/ BBQ dish…one you’ll get rave review for! I also definitely want to try making these out on the grill this summer….
Would love to hear how you like these if you get a chance to make them! Below is the original recipe I posted last summer! ENJOY!
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND EVERYONE!
Last of the summer peaches!
Now that Labor Day has come and gone, here’s an awesome recipe to enjoy the last of sweet, ripe peaches! It’s an easy recipe that doesn’t require a lot of ingredients or prep time, so it’s great dessert to make at the last-minute or ahead of time.
You can always change it up by baking the cheesecake mixture on pears or apples instead, adding almond extract instead of vanilla, adding fresh lemon zest to the cheese mixture or by sprinkling the finished dessert with toasted almonds or walnuts.
It’s also great to make ahead and then reheat later.
Cheesecake Stuffed Peaches (8 ppl)
- 4 peaches, halved and pitted (8 halves)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3 tablespoon sugar + 1 teaspoon cinnamon mixture
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 egg (using egg replacer)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup sugar (or agave)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Line a 15x10x1 inch baking pan with parchment paper; set aside. Trim a very thin slice from the round side of each peach half so halves stand flat on the baking pan. Dip peach halves in melted butter to coat. Arrange peach halves, cut sides up, in prepared pan. Sprinkle cut sides of peaches with cinnamon-sugar; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese with a mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla. Beat until combined. Spoon cream cheese mixture into peach centers.
- Bake, uncovered, about 30 minutes or until lightly browned and softened. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- You can substitute the cream cheese with store-bought tofu cream cheese. Cheesecakes turn out beautiful with this substitute and the flavor and texture are just like the real deal.
- In place of the butter, Balance, Coconut Oil or any other non-dairy butter substitute will work great.
GLUTEN FREE NOTES
- This is completely GF! Yeah!
YOGIC COOKING NOTES
- You can always sprinkle the cheesecake mixture with a little cardamom as it will help your body digest the dairy better.
- This is a great recipe for fasting days!
- In general, Ayurveda does suggest not combining fruit with dairy, so please keep that in mind.