Chia pudding is such an delicious, comforting and healthy option for satisfying an eternal sweet tooth, like the one my husband and I seem to have these days :).
I make a batch of these decadent little jars of yumminess every few weeks…for a little guilt-free indulging. My favorite thus far has been a decadent chocolate version that I top with a few almond slivers, a sprinkle of mini chocolate chips and a handful of berries :)—raspberries are my favorite.
Fast, Easy & Fun!
As usual, the best part is that it’s easy, fast and fun to make— a great snack or dessert to make with kids! I use six, half pint (8 oz) mason jars that I reuse every week for grab and go treats like this one. I actually only fill the jars half way with the chia pudding filling, then cover and refrigerate, so that when I’m ready to serve, there’s room to add the variety of goodies on top.
These jars are also great if you’re throwing a dinner party or want to bring something refreshing and easy to transport to a picnic. Either way, once you add the toppings and serve them to your guests, these little guys will definitely have your friends and family raving about how delicious and beautiful they look :)!
I Want to See & Hear …
I’d love to SEE and HEAR how this recipe turns out for you! If you’re on instagram or Facebook and take pics of your creation, tag Wholesome Soul in your post! Or, leave me a comment below!
Lots of love,
DECADENT CHOCOLATE CHIA PUDDING
- 3 cups almond milk
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 10 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut butter (oil)
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder
- 6 half pint (8 oz) mason jars
- almond slivers
- mini chocolate chips
- berries/ fruit of your choice
- Place all ingredients, EXCEPT for chia seeds into blender (I use a Vitamix) and blend until smooth
- Then using a spoon, stir in chai seeds until thoroughly mixed
- Pour 4 oz into each jar (if you’re using half pint mason jars, that’s half way full)
- Place lids on and refrigerate for at least 6 hours
- Then, when ready to serve, garnish with 1 tbsp almond slivers, 1 tsp mini chocolate chips and 1/3-1/2 cup fresh fruit
Vegan: Completely vegan :)!
Gluten Free: Completely gluten free :)!
Yogic Cooking Notes: Ideally, it’s not great to eat cold foods, so take out of fridge 20 mins before so that pudding can be eaten at room temperature.