Have you ever enjoyed a strawberry straight off the vine? When it’s slightly warm, super sweet and almost melts in your mouth? A really great strawberry like that, is like summer wrapped up in a bite. And this recipe definitely captures the deliciousness of the season.
I made this for dessert when one of my cousins came to visit and then proceeded to make it again a few days later when another friend was going to be visiting :). Not only was is it easy to make….but everyone LOVED it.
I also put 3/4 of the batter in to popsicle molds and poured the rest into 1 1/2 little 4 oz mason jars….both ways turned out great.
I’scream, You’scream…we all’scream for ICE CREAM :)!
Easy-peezy Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- 1 package Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 5 coarsely chopped GF graham crackers
DIRECTIONS for cooking
- Mix first 5 ingredients with mixer until well blended. Then empty into a bowl.
- Blend berries in blender until desired consistency (I like mine a little chunky). Then, fold into to cream cheese mixture, followed by chopped grahams; mix well. Pour batter into popsicle molds, mason jars or whatever container you want. Freeze 8 hours or until firm.
- Remove dessert from freezer 15 min. before serving; let stand at room temperature to soften slightly before scooping into dishes.
- Unfortunately, this is not a vegan friendly recipe!
GLUTEN FREE NOTES
- Use GF graham crackers.
YOGIC COOKING NOTES
- Eating cold things as well as mixing fruit with dairy is not recommended….therefore, if possible, eat during the day and not at night as your digestive fire is strongest in the middle of the day!