I had my favorite lunch today….Goddess Greens with Kitchari!
Over ten years ago, my friend Trupti introduced me to how she makes greens…and I was never the same after that :). Her recipe was super simple, but off the charts delicious, wholesome… and best of all, they always left me craving for more during the week. Who doesn’t want to be craving for dark leafy vegetables instead of something more carb or sugar based :)? For several years after, I think I made these greens, if not on an everyday basis, then for sure on a every other day basis.
So now I call them Goddess Greens…in honor of Trupti and because these greens are just so juicy, delicious and super healthy….it was like they were made just for everyday, urban goddesses…that need a rich dose of vitamins A, C and K in their diets. I love them served with Kitchari or else some kind of spiced up Quinoa.
So for all you beautiful and wonderful Goddesses out there….ENJOY!
p.s.The flax seed oil is especially good for women and those that are vegetarians/ vegan because they contain Omega-3 essential fatty acids (“good” fats that have been shown to have heart-healthy effects), Lignans (which have both plant estrogen and antioxidant qualities, and flaxseeds contains 75-800 times more lignans than other plant foods) and Fiber (both the soluble and insoluble types).
- 1 bunch Kale (thoroughly washed, de-stemmed, cut and steamed)
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice (depends on how sweet or sour the lemon is…so to taste)
- 2 tablespoons flax seed oil
- Place all ingredients in bowl and toss until all the kale is completely coated.
- All vegan!
GLUTEN FREE NOTES
- This is completely GF! Yay!
YOGIC COOKING NOTES
- Serve with a whole grain and protein; rice and dal, kitchari, quinoa…whatever you like.