great weeknight option…
This is a great weeknight meal….it’s fast, easy and tasty…and it’s even quicker and easier if you have leftover Quinoa-Rice Pilaf or plain Quinoa already in the fridge.
Did you know Quinoa has up to 12 grams of protein in just a 1/2 cup serving….and it’s a contains all 8 amino acids which makes it a complete protein….I can’t say enough how amazing of a grain it is...click here to learn more.
My favorite part of this dish is the Kale….when baked, the Kale gets a little crispy around the edges which provides for some delicious added flavor and texture……..if you like the new craze of Kale Chips, you’ll definitely enjoy this dish.
Vegetable Garden Quinoa Bowl (serves 4-6 ppl)
- 2 large heads fennel, quartered, cored, and sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces.
- 1 bunch dinosaur kale, washed and chopped (this is my favorite green!)
- 1 vine-ripened tomato, cut into large 1 inch chunks
- 1/4 cup pesto (here’s a recipe for my Spinach Artichoke Pesto)
- 6 cups cooked Quinoa Rice Pilaf or plain Quinoa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan Pink Salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper or to taste
- 1 teaspoon of your favorite herb blend…for this dish I like to use my Mediterranean Blend (oregano, thyme, fennel and rosemary)
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees F.
- Place sliced fennel, red bells, tomatoes and kale on parchament lined, rimmed baking sheet. Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and herb blend.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender and charred in spots.
- While veggies are baking, warm quinoa and toss with pesto. Serve each bowl of quinoa topped with baked veggies. Alternately, you can toss everything together in one big bowl and serve it up family-style.
- Toss quinoa with a vegan pesto or an oil and vinegar based dressing or marinate- both will taste great.
GLUTEN FREE NOTES
- Completely gluten free!
YOGIC COOKING NOTES