Quinoa Rice Pilaf: my new favorite staple.
Quinoa Rice Pilaf
- 1 cup rice, washed
- 1 cup quinoa, washed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons butter (ghee (clarified butter) or olive oil taste just as great)
- 4 cups water
- 2 springs fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill (or else 2 tablespoons fresh dill)
- Place all ingredients in a medium size pot and bring to a boil on medium high heat.
- Once the water is boiling, turn it down to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes and then serve with your favorite veggies.
- You can use olive oil or balance and it tastes just as great.
GLUTEN FREE NOTES
- Totally gluten free!
YOGIC COOKING NOTES
- Always good to pair your grains and proteins with some veggies for a complete meal.